For all its benefits, this is one very special digital potentiometer. And we have seven tested and verified circuit examples to show for it.
ADI’s AD5292 is single-channel, 10-bit programmable, 1024-tap digipot with ± 1% end-to-end resistor tolerance (RTol) error over a wide ±15-V supply range. That’s 20x better than competing digiPots which specify a minimum RTol error of 20 percent. With performance like that, it’s good for a variety of precision measurement applications, and we have a few detailed circuits to share. Each of these Circuits from the Lab™ designs offer a circuit note with detailed information.
- Featured Circuit Note – CN0117: Programmable Bidirectional Current Source. See diagram and link below.
- Featured Circuit Note – CN0114: Low Cost, High Voltage, Programmable Gain Instrumentation Amplifier. See diagram and link below.
- CN0115: Programmable High Voltage Source with Boosted Output Current.
- CN0111: Building a 30 V Low Cost DAC.
- CN0113 / CN0112: Two options for building a Variable Gain Amplifier: inverting and non-inverting.