Fujitsu’s FM3 microcontroller family incorporates the ARM Cortex M3 standard core.
It is a scalable platform, ranging from low pin count, low power microcontrollers (MCUs) to high performance products with up to 1MB flash memory and a rich set of peripherals, including USB, CAN and Ethernet.
The MCUs are based on Fujitsu’s highly reliable (100,000 erase/write cycles) and high speed (0 wait states at 60MHz) embedded flash process. All MCUs are produced in Fujitsu’s own wafer fabs enabling control over quality, availability and costs.
The ARM Cortex M3 architecture extends the existing MCU lineup and fills the gap between Fujitsu’s 16-bit CISC and 32-bit RISC CPU cores. Both proprietary MCU families 16FX and FR will be continued and further developed.
- High speed operating frequency: Up to 144MHz CPU clock
- High speed flash: 0 wait states at 60MHz
- Wide range of power supply voltages supported: 1.8 to 3.6V (low power products),
1.8 to 5.5V (ultra low leakage products) and 2.7 to 5.5V (high performance products)
High Quality Flash Memory
- Memory densities up to 1MB flash / 128KB RAM
- Highly reliable flash memory: 100,000 write/erase cycles, up to 20 years data retention
- Flash security function
- Internal, trimmed RC oscillator
- Clock supervisor
- Two stage (interrupt and reset), programmable LVD (Low Voltage Detector)
- CRC hardware module
- MPU (Memory Protection Unit)
- Up to 2 channels CAN controller
- Full Speed USB host & function
- Ethernet MAC
- Multi-function serial (UART, SIO, SPI and I2C)
- 3 independent (synchronously triggerable) high-speed 12-bit A/D converter
- Multi-function timer (for motor control)
- Flexible quadrature decoder unit
- Base timer (PWM, PWC, PPG and reload timer)
- 8/16-bit external bus interface with NAND flash support
- Sub-clock option
- Very flexible resource relocation
- JTAG and SWJ debug interfaces
- Embedded Trace Macrocell