Source: Microsemi Corporation
High-Level Synthesis Support From Synopsys
Synopsys(R) Synphony Model Compiler
Offers Higher Productivity
for Microsemi Customers Developing DSP Algorithms
IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 27, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) –
– Microsemi Corporation(Nasdaq:MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor technology aimed at building a smart, secure, connected world, today announced that Synopsys’ Synphony Model Compiler, a design tool suite for hardware DSP algorithm design, now provides support for Microsemi FPGAs. Synphony Model Compiler enables easier and more reliable FPGA execution of algorithms by offering a more automated implementation and verification flow for engineers using MATLAB®/Simulink®.
The software tool achieves significantly higher productivity than alternative MATLAB/Simulink flows and gives the designer a mechanism to quickly evaluate high-level area and performance trade-offs. Synphony Model Compiler supports many of Microsemi’s FPGAs, including the RTAX-DSP, RTAX-S/SL, Axcelerator®, as well as the ProASIC®3, IGLOO®, and Fusion® devices.
Synphony Model Compiler delivers performance and productivity benefits for designers who are implementing DSP circuits into FPGAs. For algorithm designers, the software offers advanced high-level synthesis in their chosen design environment and automates a smooth transition into the Synopsys FPGA logic implementation flow. For the hardware engineer, the software eliminates costly iterations normally required to create optimum RTL from the DSP algorithm design intent, because it generates the necessary RTL code and offers built-in optimizations that account for device-specific features.
Included in the software:
- A synthesizable IP model library for the MATLAB/Simulink environment for wireless, multimedia and signal processing applications
- High-level synthesis to automatically produce a bit-exact, optimized HDL implementation
- An automated flow to capture test vectors from the high-level model
- Automatic HDL test bench generation to verify bit accuracy
- Creation of C-models representing the final RTL for use in hardware and software verification flow (optional package required)
- Integration with Synplify® Pro logic synthesis for efficient FPGA implementation
“Microsemi devices offer significant value in integration, performance and flexibility for designers of electronic systems. However, design teams need faster and more productive ways to get the most out of these devices,” said Chris Eddington, product marketing director at Synopsys. “Synphony Model Compiler enables engineers to explore and implement their ideas much more quickly and from higher levels of abstraction than traditional HDL flows. By collaborating with Microsemi’s SoC Products Group on high-level design flows like Synphony Model Compiler, we can deliver much greater design and verification productivity to our mutual customers.”
“The RTAX-DSP family of DSP-enabled space flight FPGAs combine the advantages of efficient integration of DSP algorithms with high levels of tolerance to the damaging effects of radiation encountered in space,” states Ken O’Neill, director of high reliability product marketing at Microsemi’s SoC Products Group. “Synopsys’ Synphony Model Compiler is an important tool in our Libero® IDE design suite to efficiently manage and optimize DSP designs.”
Pricing and Availability
Synphony Model Compiler AE licenses are available to Actel customers at no cost.
For more information and to receive your free license,
visit the Actel Software Licenses and Registration System.
Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq:MSCC) offers the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor technology. Committed to solving the most critical system challenges, Microsemi’s products include high-performance, high-reliability analog and RF devices, mixed signal integrated circuits, FPGAs and customizable SoCs, and complete subsystems. Microsemi serves leading system manufacturers around the world in the defense, security, aerospace, enterprise, commercial, and industrial markets. Learn more athttp://www.microsemi.com.
The Microsemi Corporation logo is available athttp://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1233
All trademarks are property of Microsemi Corporation. Actel Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsemi Corporation.
Actel, Actel Fusion, IGLOO, Libero, ProASIC, SmartFusion and the associated logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsemi Corporation. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.