Code Composer Studio (CCStudio) Integrated Development Environment (IDE) v5
Effective 08 November 2011
- If you already purchased CCStudio Platinum (ALL) v4 and have a valid subscription:Effective November 8, 2011, go to www.ti.com/myregisteredsoftware. Click Manage. Click “Upgrade – Get new license” to access CCStudio v5
- If you already purchased CCStudio Microcontrollers (MCU) v4 and have a valid subscription: During November, you will receive an upgrade copy of ALL v5. Look for an email from [email protected] Use the Activation ID and instructions to activate your new CCStudio v5.
- To order CCStudio for the first time: See all CCStudio part numbers below. Some still ship v4. All will be shipping v5 by late November. If you receive v4, please complete the activation instructions in myRegisteredSoftware. Then click “Manage” and “Upgrade – Get new license” to access CCStudio v5. For assistance see FAQ.
- To renew subscription: Go to www.ti.com/ccs_subscriptions
- To download free evaluation software: Go to:processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Download_CCS
- If you have questions about downloading your software: Go to: www.ti.com/software-help
Code Composer Studio™ (CCStudio) is an integrated development environment (IDE) for Texas Instruments’ (TI) embedded processor families. CCStudio comprises a suite of tools used to develop and debug embedded applications. It includes compilers for each of TI’s device families, source code editor, project build environment, debugger, profiler, simulators, real-time operating system and many other features. The intuitive IDE provides a single user interface taking you through each step of the application development flow. Familiar tools and interfaces allow users to get started faster than ever before and add functionality to their application thanks to sophisticated productivity tools.
Code Composer Studio is based on the Eclipse open source software framework.
The Eclipse software framework was originally developed as an open framework for creating development tools. Eclipse offers an excellent software framework for building software development environments and it is becoming a standard framework used by many embedded software vendors. CCStudio combines the advantages of the Eclipse software framework with advanced embedded debug capabilities from TI resulting in a compelling feature-rich development environment for embedded developers.
Code Composer Studio supports running on both Windows and Linux PCs.
Not all features or devices are supported on Linux please see Linux Host Support for details.