Five Reasons to Design with Altera’s New ARM-Based SoC FPGAs
How would you like to reduce system power, cost, and size?
We’re excited to tell you about our new user-customizable ARM-based Cyclone® V and Arria® V SoC FPGAs that combine an FPGA, embedded ARM processor, and DSP functions all in one integrated chip.
With your next SoC FPGA embedded design, you can:
- Reduce the number of devices on your board, minimizing board size and complexity
- Lower your power consumption with Altera’s low-power 28-nm (28LP) devices, integrated hard IP, and low-power serial transceivers
- Reduce your bill of materials costs with fewer discrete devices, power supplies, and oscillators required
- Quickly create a custom ARM-based system, choosing from a broad range of Altera, partner, and custom intellectual property (IP) and create a compelling competitive edge
- Leverage the extensive ARM embedded software ecosystem of operating systems, development tools, and middleware