SuperSpeed USB Passive Switch (Low/Full/Hi/SuperSpeed)
Allows For Low Distortion Switching Where High Performance is Required
The MAX14978 high-performance, passive analog switch is ideal for switching Hi-Speed USB and SuperSpeed USB data between one source and two loads, or vice versa.
The device can be used in desktop and notebook applications where SuperSpeed USB ports are in limited supply.
The device consists of two sets of analog switches with one set used for USB low-speed, full-speed, and Hi-Speed signals and the second set used for USB SuperSpeed. The device operates from a single +3.3V supply.
The device features low insertion loss for all speeds. It has ±6kV Human Body Model (HBM) ESD protection on all I/O pins. In addition, the low/full/Hi-Speed COM_ ports have ESD protection to ±15kV HBM and ±8kV IEC 61000-4-2 contact.
The device is available in a small, 3.5mm × 9.0mm, 42-pin TQFN package and is specified over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Designed for SuperSpeed USB Applications:
- Low/Full/Hi-Speed (1.5/12/480Mbps)
- SuperSpeed (5.0Gbps)
- Superior Return Loss and Insertion Loss for SuperSpeed Analog Switches
- Low Quiescent Current: 36µA (typ)
- All Link Training is Preserved (SuperSpeed)
- LVCMOS Control (1.4V ≤ VIH ≤ 3.6V)
- Operation from a Single +3.3V Power Supply
- Small, 3.5mm × 9.0mm, 42-Pin TQFN Package