ADuM347x Isolated DC/DC Controller
Featuring a quad iCoupler® digital isolator from Analog Devices
Analog Devices’ ADuM347x device is a quad-channel digital isolator with an integrated transformer driver for an isolated DC/DC converter.
Based on Analog Devices’ iCoupler® technology, the DC/DC converter provides up to 2W of regulated, isolated power at 3.3V to 24V from a 5.0V input supply or from a 3.3V supply. This eliminates the need for a separate, isolated DC/DC converter in up to 2W isolated designs.
The iCoupler chip-scale transformer technology is used to isolate the logic signals, and the integrated transformer driver with isolated secondary side control provides higher efficiency for the isolated DC/DC converter. The result is a small form factor, total isolation solution.
- Integrated transformer driver for isolated DC/DC converter
- Regulated adjustable output: 3.3V to 24V
- 2W output power
- 70% efficiency at maximum load of 400mA at 5.0V output
- Quad DC-to-25Mbps (NRZ) signal isolation channels
- Schmitt trigger inputs
- 20-lead SSOP package
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25kV/µs
- 200kHz to 1MHz oscillator frequency with adjust function
- Soft start function at power-up
- Pulse-by-pulse overcurrent protection
- Thermal shutdown
- 2500Vrms isolation
- RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 transceivers
- Industrial field bus isolation
- Power supply startup bias and gate drives
- Isolated sensor interfaces
- Process controls