Digital Media System-on-Chip
TMS320DM3x Processor Overview
Developers can now deliver pixel-perfect images at up to 720p H.264 at 30fps in their digital video designs without concerns of video format support, constrained network bandwidth, limited system storage capacity or cost with the new TMS320DM365 digital media processor based on DaVinci technology from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI).
With multi-format HD video, the DM365 also features a suite of peripherals saving developers on system costs.
This ARM9-based DM365 device offers speeds up to 300 MHz and supports production-qualified H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MJPEG and VC1/WMV9 codecs providing customers with the flexibility to select the right video codec for their application.
These codecs are driven from video accelerators offloading compression needs from the ARM core so that developers can utilize the most performance from the ARM for their application.
- High-Performance Digital Media System-on-Chip (DMSoC)
- Up to 300-MHz ARM926EJ-S Clock Rate
- Two Video Image Co-processors (HDVICP, MJCP) Engines
- Supports a Range of Encode, Decode, and Video Quality Operations
- Video Processing Subsystem
- HW Face Detect Engine
- Resize Engine from 1/16x to 8x
- 16-Bit Parallel AFE (Analog Front-End) Interface Up to 120 MHz
- 4:2:2 (8-/16-bit) Interface
- 8-/16-bit YCC and Up to 24-Bit RGB888 Digital Output
- 3 DACs for HD Analog Video Output
- Hardware On-Screen Display (OSD)
- Capable of 720p 30fps H.264 video processing
- Peripherals include EMAC, USB 2.0 OTG, DDR2/NAND, 5 SPIs, 2 UARTs, 2 MMC/SD/SDIO, Key Scan
- 8 Different Boot Modes and Configurable Power-Saving Modes
- Pin-to-pin and software compatible with DM368
- Extended temperature (-40°C – 85°C) available for 300-Mhz device
- 3.3-V and 1.8-V I/O, 1.2-V/1.35-V Core
- 338-Pin Ball Grid Array at 65nm Process Technology