smoothes design path for
Renesas RX62N MCUs
10/8/2010 5:05 AM EDT
Renesas Electronics America has developed a RX62N demonstration kit with connectivity for use in the design of industrial applications.
The RX62N Renesas Demonstration Kit (RDK) integrates products from several Renesas Electronics partners to create an robust solution that helps reduce design and interoperability uncertainty for designers who want to use the companies the RX62N MCU range.
Introduced in March 2010, the RX62N MCU Group was designed with a number of on-chip communications functions, including Ethernet, USB 2.0 (host and device) and CAN, to meet the connectivity needs of industrial applications such as building management and factory automation systems.
Components on the board include:
- Analog Devices’ ADXL345 digital iMEMS accelerometer for motion measurement in three-axis; ADT7420 serial digital temperature sensor connected via I2C; and ADMP401 digital iMEMS microphone, plus two others.
- Epson provided 32.768 KHz, 12 MHz, 18.432 MHz and 25 MHz crystals.
- The non-volatile NP5Q128A13ESFC0E Micron Technology Phase Change Memory provides 128 Mb of serial flash to help meet demands for increased bandwidth and decreased power consumption.
- National Semiconductor’s DP83640 10/100 Ethernet PHY incorporates IEEE 1588 at the PHY layer to deliver the industry’s highest precision clock synchronization for real-time operation and control.
- Okaya provided a semi-custom 96 x 64-pixel, white LED backlit graphics LCD (part number PE9664WRF-004-I02), which allows RDK connection using the SPI bus.
- The SEGGER J-Link Lite emulator adds low-cost/high-performance on-board debugging and chip-programming functions to the RX62N RDK development kit.
- The Total Phase header allows the Beagle I2C/SPI Protocol Analyzer (PN TP320121) to be connected to Renesas Electronics’ I2C and SPI buses.
The RX62N RDK is currently available as part of a product promotion.
After November 1, 2010, it is available for purchase for $99.
For more information, visit the RDK website.