January 19, 2013
Single-Phase Energy-Measurement Processors Accurately Monitor Power at a Fraction of the Cost
San Jose, CA—January 16, 2013—Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) today announced that it is now sampling the 78M6610+PSU/78M6610+LMU single-phase energy-measurement processors.
These processors are an energy-measurement subsystem in a single chip. They provide simple utility-grade sensing and diagnostics for existing designs without the traditional cost of a utility meter system-on-chip. Both devices contain unique firmware to meet end application requirements. The 78M6610+PSU is specifically designed for real-time monitoring of data centers, servers, and telecom and data equipment, while the 78M6610+LMU is a more general-purpose solution for applications such as white-good appliances, smart plugs, EV chargers, and solar inverters.
More Info >
Protect Your Development Investment with Crypto-Strong Authentication and Advanced Physical Security
DeepCover™ Secure Authenticator with 1-Wire® SHA-256 and 4Kb User EEPROM
- Provides SHA-256 secured protection against counterfeiting of OEM products
- Provides a crypto-secure method to manage HW IP licensing
- Enables a system to securely validate that attached accessories, modules, etc., are OEM authentic
- Integrates into a design with minimal host processor I/O pin requirement
Achieve Smaller Component Size and Board Area with This Integrated Power Management Solution
Dual Step-Down Converters with 6 LDOs for Baseband and Applications Processor
- High efficiency 2A step down converter reduces current consumption
- 4.4MHz Switching frequency reduces board area with smaller components
- Programmable voltage options allow compatibility