Android 4.1.2 development kit
for the Sitara ARM processors
December 19, 2012 // Julien Happich
Texas Instruments has released a new development kit that brings Android 4.1.2 ("Jelly Bean") to TI’s Sitara ARM AM335x Cortex-A8 processors.
This complete software offering allows innovators to fully evaluate Android 4.1.2 on embedded applications running on TI’s Sitara processors for easier navigation that is up to two times faster than the previous version of Android.
Sitara ARM developers can now take advantage of Android 4.1.2 for feature-rich, low-power applications, including wearable gadgets, display panels for home appliances and automation, enterprise tablets, point-of-sale terminals, portable navigation devices and industrial automation.
Complete with pre-integrated connectivity and 3D graphics capabilities, the Android 4.1.2 Development Kit provides a stable software foundation for Sitara AM335x processor-based products. To help developers quickly and easily integrate and evaluate Android-based applications, the development kit is fully tested using the Android compatibility test suite on the AM335x evaluation module (EVM), AM335x Starter Kit and BeagleBone development boards, and a number of BeagleBone Cape Plug-in Boards such as the LCD7 Cape, DVI-D Cape and Camera Cape.
The Android 4.1.2 Development Kit for TI’s Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 processors is available for free download, with no development or production restrictions. Developers interested in experimenting with the latest Android code for Sitara can also visit the open-source community at arowboat.org.
Visit Texas Instruments at http://software-dl.ti.com
- Imec and Altera broaden collaboration on 3D technologies for FPGAs
- Terminal post connections for audio, power and instrumentation
- Renesas Electronics releases USB-IF certified USB 3.0 hub controller
- Dual-channel differential amplifier drives high frequency ADCs with industry’s best distortion and noise performance
- Microcontrollers and starter kits aim to speed implementation of industrial and home appliance motion control