Intel’s phone reference design is what it needed to be
Solid hardware, competitive with current chips
The first step to figuring out how the silicon will fare is to examine what is made with it.
Intel has a reference design, and it is very likely that we will see similar hardware coming from Motorola and Lenovo in short order.
Some things will change, the cameras and what features are exposed are the two highest on the list, but the basics are all going to be in any of the first generations phones.
The reference platform looks like this, but the products will obviously be wrapped in corporate themed plastic.
- Intel and Nokia make a chip
- Intel wants a piece of Infineon
- Futuremark’s Peacekeeper Beta
- Motorola locks down Android
- Motorola: from brilliant to utter crap